[rollei_list] Horizontal frame with Rolleikin

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:58:50 -0300

The 35mm vertical frame is the "natural" way to use the Rolleikin with
the TLR, you can also take images for the horizontal frame, but it
requires  an uncomfortable position for the camera, there was a thread
about it some years ago; I use the Rolleikin horizontal format for
images focused at infinity most of the times if the camera is
hand-held, anyway you can focus with the secondary mirror and to frame
with the Sportsfinder, the Rolleikin set provides a mask for the
Sportsfinder with the frame smaller than the image in the film, this
way assures you'll find in the film the scene you was seeing through
the Sportsfinder mask.

This photograph had a mandatory need for the horizontal frame use in
the composition, otherwise I lost an attractive subject portion, the
scene surprised me at dusk when I was putting the 2.8C with Rolleikin
in the bag without tripod, it was necessary a slow shutter speed and
then I held the camera with the elbows on a bench  ( I couldn't use
the camera's feet for the horizontal format of course) but elbows are
not a tripod BTW (Kodak Vision 3 250d ECN 2 process):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6880190548/in/photostream

This one about the Rollei 35 was taken with tripod and Rolleinar 1
set, Rolleikin + Rolleinar have and increased effect:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/7026290093/in/photostream/

These other two images were also taken with the Kodak Vision 3 250d
ECN 2 film but using the Pentax P30t camera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/7015568323/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6869457654/in/photostream/