[rollei_list] Re: Homve Movies

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:38:58 -0800

Eric,

Are you sure your name is not Thomas? ;-)
Very doubtful it will disappear in 10 years. The type of media may change
and you would simply transfer it to another type. For example, CDs moved to
DVDs to disks and solid state memory. And if you have it digitized, you can
always transfer it to a newer media. FWIW, if stored properly a DVD burned
correctly will not fail in our lifetimes I did a lot of research on this one
and wrote an article on it. So I am not talking off the top of my head.
Yes, granted none are as permanent as say negatives, but certainly better
than many prints which fade as does the wonderful E-6 Ektachrome slides
unless stored properly as well.

Peter K

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That way, you can be assured that the back-up will be useless in 10
> years or so... ;-)
>
> Home movies fell out of public favor for the same reason slides did...
> because projected shows were a boring PIA.
>

> Eric Goldstein
>
> --
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You should consider transferring them to a DVD or other media for storage
> > just in case.

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬