[rollei_list] Re: Hello (again), new Rollei TLR

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 06:19:27 -0700

Yes Jim they can be pricey depending on what you want. But how much is
accurate exposure worth? That is really up to the individual. In your
case you may not need the meter, something like the Weston you have
being off about 1-stop would not work for me. I need something that
works, hence I dumped my old analog meters (Weston and Norwood) years
ago and went to a Minolta IIIf. Now I use a Sekonic L508. Pricey, yes
a bit. But it has what I need.

Peter K

On 5/5/05, James Davis <jamesd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stefan Kell wrote:
>=20
> > I first used my digital camera and my SLR as my lightmeter but I have n=
ow
> > bought an elderly Gossen Lunasix on eBay. They are usually in the range=
 of
> > 30 to 50 Euros in Germany. Works very good but there is a problem with =
the
> > old batteries using mercury. They are no longer allowed in the EU.
>=20
> Just to follow myself up, I bought a Weston Master II on Ebay for =A35
> which appears to be tallying within a stop or so of the meter on my
> Nikon D70 with a little bit of averaging.
>=20
> I did look at new meters but was a bit shocked at the prices for even
> the most basic of models.
>=20
> James
>=20