[rollei_list] Re: Hearing Aid Batteries in Nikon F

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 02:16:38 -0500

> But, in the end, the difference between 1.3 and
> 1.5 volts will not matter a damn for non-critical
> photography.  Use what you have, and take pictures!
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

I'm agreeing for the most part. My meter test is not by compassion. That
stuff always drives me crazy.
I test an in camera meter by taking it out and shooting a roll or two with
it and  looking at the film but then quickly seeing if they are any holes in
the contact sheets after I make them. Which means obvious under or over
exposures which pop out. Or laying out slides on the light table.
If the contact sheet or light table layout looks pretty even when I squint
my eyes at it than I'm thinking I'm doing ok. What ever my camera wants; the
meter seems to know it. Sometimes I wonder if a camera with a sticking
shutter gets a meter which compensates for it and its more than luck.  I bet
it happens often.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner