[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:05:40 -0500

Austin,

Obama's inauguration speech said what he's has been saying all along and there hasn't been any 'new' content in anyone's declamation since the economy tanked during the election. I for one am tired of political rhetoric regardless of party at this point. I'm with you - I say lets all be really quiet so we can hear 'em do something.

Having said that I would say this particular inauguration was an 'event' of the 'People' rather than a person or a party. To me it certainly was a ground swell anticipating action and as the old '20s song goes, "They'll Be Some
 Changes Made"

Rob
On Jan 21, 2009, at 3:12 PM, austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Raid,

His speeches made him famous before he ran for the highest office.

His oration certainly made him "famous", whether his "speeches" did or not, I can't say. From what I heard, there really isn't and wasn't much content to anything he says...but his voice and demeanor was certainly quite good.

I've had enough of his o-ratin' now let's see if he can actually do
something besides o-rate.

Regards,

Austin