[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:07:05 -0500

At 12:34 AM 1/20/2009, Robert Meier wrote:
>Both figures are from Wikipedia.

Thank you. A Wikipedia article which does not cite a further source is not acceptable as evidence of anything, I fear.

In any event, my principal point was that US Blacks have, since 1950, been becoming more inclined to vote Republican. That has to be viewed in the context of all elections over a period of decades. A single election proves nothing: Roanoke, Virginia, long had a Black Republican mayor who regularly got 70% or more of the Black vote but that is an extraordinary circumstance and proves little save that Noel was much loved and respected by most of the citizens of that fine town. This past Presidential election was also singular, and you cannot build a case on a single instance.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!