[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:12:57 -0500

At 09:11 PM 1/19/2009, Elias Roustom wrote:
>> I think back to the days when our new Secretary of State said she
>> was going to fix our health care system.  I worked in that system,
>> as a programmer and consultant, and knew from the beginning that
>> she wouldn't be able to fix it with her limited background in that
>> area.  Can Obama fix it?  If so, how?
>>
>I remember a good game of Get Bill that the opposition dominated
>legislature was far more interested in than a fix to the health care
>system. Funny how people can remember the same thing so differently.

How quickly we forget. The Democrats controlled both houses of Congress for the first two years of Clinton's first term, and that was the Congress which nixed Hillary Clinton's fumbled health-care proposals. And that led in some measure to the Republican capture of both Houses of Congress in 1994. Health care reform was dead before the 1994 elections.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!