[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:59:06 -0600

At 07:36 PM 1/19/2009, Raid Amin wrote:

The Bush group of politicians appear as inhumane and criminal to many people in the world, so there is a feeling that a new face is needed for the USA.

New face, most likely, but not everything Bush did was bad.

The ability and experience to get things done is more important to me. I have grave concerns that the new president has the skills and experience to fix our problems. I say that because he only has one speech which I no longer listen to. It's easy, and very appealing to roll out a list of problems and say they should be fixed.

We will hear much the same speech tomorrow:

1. List of problems
2. We have to have change and change will fix them

Maybe if he had some different speeches maybe I would have greater confidence in him.

I think back to the days when our new Secretary of State said she was going to fix our health care system. I worked in that system, as a programmer and consultant, and knew from the beginning that she wouldn't be able to fix it with her limited background in that area. Can Obama fix it? If so, how?

Now remember, I'm an amateur at all this so go easy on me, all I can do is describe my own observations and thoughts.

DAW