[rollei_list] Happy MLK Day

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:27:10 -0500

In keeping with the tradition of greeting each other on special occasions, I wish you all a happy MLK day. I remember when this holiday first came around, and how much controversy came with it - everything from economic arguments to nasty racist jokes - and I'm glad to see that it has settled nicely into our calendars. Like all American holidays, except maybe Thanksgiving, it involves struggle and death, but stands on principle for the hopes and aspirations of a people committed to freedom and justice. It's good to be reminded of that as often as possible and it's good to have an excuse to give myself, and my employees, the day off.

Cheers,

Elias