[rollei_list] Re: HFT Lenses: I Stand Corrected

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:10:23 -0400

At 02:00 PM 8/10/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Thank you very much Marc. Rollei and CZ had an agreement on lens
>multicoating, but the initial reason was that Rollei wanted something
>to indicate the CZ lenses for the Rollei SL 35 with multicoating
>process received this process because CZ did not still engrave them
>with the "T*" and then Rollei asked CZ to engrave them "HFT" as I
>commented previously.

Carlos

ALL CZ lenses made after 1970, with a very few special exceptions, were multi-coated. Customers, however, had to PAY to have the lenses marked with the "T*". Rollei was simply too damned cheap to want to pay the freight. Had they paid -- as, for instance, did Hasselblad and Arri -- their lenses would have been so marked.

Rolleiflex always claimed that HFT was a proprietary mix and was different than the T* coating. Zeiss has always sneered at this claim.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!