[rollei_list] Re: HFT Lenses: I Stand Corrected

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:00:52 -0300

Thank you very much Marc. Rollei and CZ had an agreement on lens
multicoating, but the initial reason was that Rollei wanted something
to indicate the CZ lenses for the Rollei SL 35 with multicoating
process received this process because CZ did not still engrave them
with the "T*" and then Rollei asked CZ to engrave them "HFT" as I
commented previously.

This is the explanation from Carl Zeiss in 2001 about CZ and Rollei
relationship on the lens multicoating processes, the final paragraph
could be applied for the HFT and T* multicoating processes from the
beginning :

"The Planar®, Distagon®, Sonnar® lenses that Rollei produces under
license from Carl Zeiss are all HFT coated by Rollei. All the lenses
that Carl Zeiss produces for Rollei at the Zeiss Oberkochen plant are
actually Zeiss T*. coated. However, the designation on these lenses is
”HFT” in the interest of remaining fully consistent throughout the
Rollei product range".

Camera Lens News 13:
http://www.zeiss.de/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/12617449bd5b809ac1256a1400496fd3

Carlos