[rollei_list] Great movie based on WEEGEE...

  • From: "michael Sta. Maria" <littlwing5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 02:49:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
           I couldn't help but notice all of the
interesting facts posted about WEEGEE.  I have vaguely
knew about him just about the same time I started to
get into photography.  Now I am really finding him and
his images amazing...  I have just found out about a
movie that is obviously based on his career and it is
called:

                The Public Eye
starring Joe Pesci and Barbara Hershey.

I think those who are interested should definitely
check the movie out.   Some of his most famous images
are featured in the movie.  Joe Pesci plays the main
character and he is armed with a Speed Graphic and it
takes place in the 1940's in NYC.
MIKE

http://mail.yahoo.com