[rollei_list] Fwd: Re: precautions with cable-release?

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:36:36 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx <chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 1, 2006 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [rollei_list] Re: precautions with cable-release?
To: !rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for all the replies folks. I can certainly attest too to the
'losability' of the shutter release cap - I lost mine within a week of the
camera purchase. And the reason I went huntin' for a second rolleifix was
that I managed to lose one of the two 'nipple' bolts used to grab on to the
rollei front. Think I'll glue the new one!
Thanks to choilefan for suggesting that it might be possible to  circumvent
the shutter lock when a cable release is used. I just verified this for
myself on the FX. Might be very useful for one of these ultra long
night-time exposures as there is now no worry that the meter battery will
get whacked, etc.
The shutter on the FX needs quite a press - so much so that I suspect a
tripod has to be supplemented with a cable release.
chat

On 5/1/06, Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos:

Your memory serves you well regarding the GX. The Gx comes with a flat
"soft
shutter" release button which screws into the standard shutter release. I
bet
most of these buttons get lost because they are small (and yes, they do
work
well), leaving the standard shutter release which takes a standard
threaded
cable release.

Jerry