[rollei_list] Re: Friday FS: Rollei, Toyo, Canon, etc.

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:14:02 +0100

I can attest to the exceptional quality of the Xenotar 80/2, having bought one last year with my 6008i2. It's an incredible piece of glass, and a great price...

Bob, I was hoping you had a 40mm Super-Angulon hidden away somewhere, I'd like to find a nice one at a good price, but haven't yet. :-)

Good luck on the sale!

Cheers,
Thor

On 11 Nov, 2005, at 15:04, Bob Shell wrote:

I need to convert some equipment into cash ASAP, so I am reluctantly putting some of my studio equipment up for sale. I am offering it here first because I would rather give you guys first dibs than put it on eBay. If none of it attracts a quick sale, it goes up on eBay in a few days.

Rollei 80mm f/2 Schneider Xenotar PQ Lens for SLX and 6000 Series Cameras. Current discounted new price from B & H is $ 4,050.00. If you are used to using an f/2.8 lens on your medium format camera you just won’t believe how much different an f/2 lens is. It is a full stop faster. That makes the image on the focusing screen just snap in and out of focus and makes accurate focusing so much easier.
This lens is in excellent condition. Glass is absolutely perfect. The only signs of use are that the A on the aperture ring is partly worn off and there is some minor wear to the front edge of the lens barrel, both clearly visible in my photographs. This lens has only been out of my studio a few times and, like all my equipment, has been exceptionally well cared for. I'm asking $ 2,000. Pictures here:

http://www.bobshell.com/ebay/xenotar-1.jpg
http://www.bobshell.com/ebay/xenotar-2.jpg
http://www.bobshell.com/ebay/xenotar-3.jpg