[rollei_list] Re: French President portrait

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:55:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Jul 05, 2012, at 03:47 AM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 06:33 AM 7/5/2012, Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx wrote:

>Thanks to Emanuel,
>we got the information about the camera used for the portrait of
>Monsieur Hollande.
>
>I hear rumours that there is also a video "making of the portrait"
>showing everything.
>
>Does anybody found this video?

Is anyone interested? The man is a complete
disaster. Well, enough said from this side of the Great Puddle.

Marc

Well, he was elected by the people, which is more than you can say for.... I'd better stop trolling.  As a European living in a country with a banking crisis, we desperatly need some fresh thinking. We are currently watching the current crop of politicians zig zaging from side to side at each crisis like a rabbit caught in the headlights squeeking "we cant let a bank fail... we cant let a bank fail", as we trundle towards centralized planning  and a controlled economy...

 As for the portrait, it was interesting to see that a Rollei used for this, and the whole iconography of oficial portraits can shed an interesting insight into the cultural outlook of a leader.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/05/31/president-obama-unveils-official-portrait-president-george-w-bush

All the best

Laurence Cuffe

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx