[rollei_list] Re: Franke & Heidecke re-established

  • From: bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:27:49 +0200 (CEST)

> Folks some interesting news:
>
> Franke & Heidecke to be re-established.
>
> As published yesterday,

Thanks to Dirk-Roger for passing this interesing info.

Read more here (in German)
http://www.newsclick.de/index.jsp/menuid/2182/artid/4496196

The interesting scenario is, if I understand well the above-mentioned
article, that the new F&H company will fabricate optical and
mechanical parts for other people than Rollei-Berlin.

This does make sense to me, maintaining the know-how and the machinery
by diverse products and not only conventional professional photo
equipement.

To the best of my knowledge, the present company Linhof
Präzisions-Systemtechnik does not devote all its efforts to the
fabrication of large format cameras, but mostly to
Präzisions-Feinmechanik !!

Other interesting news from Germany, the contents of Zeiss Camera Lens
news Nr. 22, where and advertising for a huge book, 3 volumes,
covering the history of all Zeiss lenses is made between 1880 and
1997: "Fabrikationsbuch Photooptik".

Does this mean that the future proud owners of this encylopaedia will
eventually know everything about Carl Zeiss lens serial numbers !

Marc James S., Charles B. and all Zeiss-o-philes here !! I'm sure that
you've already placed an order to the Lindemanns bookstore in
Stuttgart !! ;-);-)

And just kidding, for those who love the motto 'crafted with pride...'
this is what can be read in the Zeiss Photographic Lens FAQ :

 [quote]
Are ZEISS lenses better than others?
Yes! We are sure of it.
 [end quote]