[rollei_list] Re: Ford motor and Rolleiflex

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:12:26 -0500

A much more reasoned statement than your original one, Jim, and one
that I can now agree with. Yes, generally, we will want to go with
realistic lighting when depicting reality. But as Slo points out,
contravening reality is what photography can be all about, and we
don't want to put ourselves in the position of setting hard and fast
rules, universal truths, or our own tastes, as the way for all
shooters to go in all situations...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 12/6/06, Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can think whatever you wish Eric, but in my 56 years of making
and exhibiting photographs, what I said is the general attitude of
observers that I have encountered from exhibits, workshops, slide
shows, etc. I may be incorrect from your and a few others on this
list's viewpoint, but that is but a pittance compared to the whole.

Jim