[rollei_list] Re: Flickr...

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:48:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@xxxxxxx> To: <rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:48 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Flickr...

Ok.

I've tried uploading a few shots just as a test. At this point, I'd like to know if things look ok (yes, the Amsterdam shots are blown out, I know), like gamma, resolution cropping, size and such. Also, what tags to people usually include?

If I've understood correctly, the images are available at: www.flickr.com/photos/circlesquared/ (if not, I'm sure I'll hear about it soon enough!).

Since I'm reasonably new at this, constructive suggestions (i.e. you can make things look better if you export like this, or use this setting, etc) are more than welcome! :-)

Also, it seems many of you are in the "Rollei Gallery" group. I tried to join and was told I need to be invited. Is there anyone here who is both capable and willing to invite me to the Rollei group?

Cheers,
Thor

The pictures look fine. My monitor is old and not calibrated well enough (or stable enough) to make much of a judgement. In the small-world department EveAnna Manly is a friend and fellow member of the Hollywood Sapphire Group, a club for people in the audio industry. I am not quite as enthusiastic about tube audio as she is because I am old enough to have grown up with it but certainly have enough here and stored away. It looks like there is a bit of flare in this picture, maybe a large area of very bright sky causing some trouble.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx