[rollei_list] Flash and Rolleiflex FX

  • From: "Donald Hutton" <donald_hutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:37:27 -0400

I splashed out and bought a Metz 54-MZ4 to use with my Rolleiflex FX - anxious
to see how well the film plane flash metering works. I picked up a used SCA-356
on Ebay. However, when I place the flash onto the SCA-356, I cannot get the
flash to fire - attaching the SCA-356 to the hot shoe on the camera and firing
the shutter does not cause the flash to discharge, nor does pushing the
discharge button on the flash unit. I tried the flash on a SCA-3XX Nikon unit
and it works perfectly and will fire when mounted on the unit and the flash
dicharge button is pressed. Am I correct in assuming that the SCA-356 unit I
have bought is faulty? Or am I missing something here?