[rollei_list] Re: Flash Vivitar 283 and Rollei

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:32:16 -0400

At 02:44 PM 5/3/06 -0700, Don Williams wrote:
The concern I have with mine is that it has a very high terminal voltage
and draws a lot of current across the flash contacts.  I've used it with
several cameras, including a 3.5F and haven't noticed any damage.

I believe that later versions included some provision to limit the voltage
and/or peak contact current.

The concern over voltage concerns early cameras with computerized circuitry
such as the Canon A-1 and the like.  It should not be a concern for a
camera with a straightforward metal-to-metal contact.  I have a bunch of
flashes but the one I tend to carry around with me is an early Japan-built
283, though I do use a Metz 45 CL-4 with my 2.8GX when the going gets serious.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!