[rollei_list] Re: Flash Vivitar 283 and Rollei

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:04:42 -0400

Don Williams wrote:

I've been using a 283 since they were first introduced more than 20 years ago. I remember waiting for the package to arrive in the mail. I have the wide angle and tele adapters, as well as the off-camera sensor, which are useful for some situations, but not when you have to have a flash ready when you are on the run.

The concern I have with mine is that it has a very high terminal voltage and draws a lot of current across the flash contacts. I've used it with several cameras, including a 3.5F and haven't noticed any damage.

I believe that later versions included some provision to limit the voltage and/or peak contact current.

http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/flash.html

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List