[rollei_list] Re: First Post: Film advance in Rolleiflex 3.5

  • From: Leng-Feng <lengfenglee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:44:04 -0400

Thanks Eric, I didn't - the manual said I shouldn't so I won't. :)

Thanks Richard, I did manage to move the shutter to 1/500, without much
effort. I guess after I play around with shutter and the crank for some
time it warmed up? =)
I also tried the way you suggest. As I crank from 0 - 1 (sometimes half way
to 1), I cannot turn it anymore in both directions. I can release the
shutter but after that I can't turn anymore.
It was stuck. I have to remove the film roll, and pull the latch under the
camera to release the counter back to 0. Then I can turn the crank again. I
thought maybe the thickness of the roll
I had was too thick and tried different thickness, but no luck.
I can, however, use my finger to rotate the the little gear that turn the
counter from 0-12 without film (of course) without problem, and use the
latch to return it to 0.
Last thing I tried, I rotate the gear to move the counter to 1, and tried
to rotate the crank, I can only rotate it till the crank pointing 45 deg
toward the ground. I tried to rotate the gear to
different positions (basically 2-12), and at some positions I can make full
turn and then cock the shutter, release the shutter. At others positions, I
can only turn the crank till it point 45 deg
to ground, and I can release the shutter as well.

What does this tell me about my camera? =(

Much thanks!
Lee