[rollei_list] Re: Filters

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:41:01 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <Newhouse230@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:07 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Filters

Thanks Carlos, I am sure you are correct...pan films only. I just saw your prior post. The shot you directed me to...do you recall
the exposure compensation used? Was it about  3.5 stops?
 Thanks,
Charlie

If there are two filter factors one is probably for daylight and the other for tungsten. Filter factors can be a bit misleading since the transmission of a filter in its "pass-band" to use an electronic term, is pretty high. If the factor is the decrease in transmission of white light it can result in overexposure of objects the same color as the filter. Some experimentation is necessary to determine what factor, if any, should be used. Too much exposure tends to wash out the effect of the filter.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles