[rollei_list] Filters

  • From: Bob James <starboy0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:37:49 -0500

Well the red filter from South Africa (my camera is from Austria, the
Rolleinars from Poland, and the green filter from South Korea; the Rollei is
truly an international camera!) came today.

Stamped on the rim of the green filter a "- 1" and on the red is stamped. "- 2
- 3,5.

Are these numbers filter factors or stop compensations?  If they are filter
factors is there a formula to transform them into stops?

Also I'm wondering why the red filter has two numbers.

Thanks to everyone as always for the responses.

Bob