[rollei_list] Re: Film advice needed!

  • From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:57:03 +0200

Thank you for your reply!

I've ordered 10 rolls of the Provia 400X from a seller listed at ebay.
(Saves a lot compared to buying in stores here in Norway.)

Can't wait to see how it works out!

Thanks again!

I found some films in my freezer as well. Can't remember where I got them, and
I have no experience with them either.
One of them was Fujichrome Provia 400F, RHP III
I guess I can compare that one to the never 400X later on.

And I had a coupple of rolls Fujichrome RMS 100/1000.
I couldn't find any information about it on internet, and I would
guess it's rather grainy at the higher ISO values?

Per Einar

Den 15. jul. 2007 kl. 21.03 skrev Peter K.:

Richard,

Are you sure you are referring to 400X and not 400F. The newer 400X
has an RMS grain of 11, the older 400F one of 13 and of course Velvia
50 and Provia 100F have an RMS of 8. So the newer 400x is a
significant improvement over 400F and only 35% greater in terms of
grain compared to Velvia. The older 400F is about 62% greater, much
different.

Peter K

On 7/15/07, Richard Sintchak <rich815@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would agree, "for the speed" it has very nice, even "fine" grain-----for it's speed. But for those typically used to Velvia-like grain it is not something they typically would call "fine grain". Much better than earlier
version of 400 speed Provia, but still.....

Richard