[rollei_list] Re: Film advice needed!

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:44:23 +0100

That is a kind offer Carlos, and I completely believe you, but I really do think my low light pictures using a Canon EOS 1Ds Mk2 are better than I get from fast film anyway, so the only occasion when I may scan fast film again is if I wish to digitise one of my existing negatives. I still shoot slow film in MF and digitise to print, since my darkroom is now dismantled - though I haven't the heart to sell anything.

Frank

On 16 Jul, 2007, at 18:30, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

Frank, I'll send you a 21x21cm or 25x25 cm print
obtained from a Provia 400 X 6x6 digitalized file,
VueScan has several ways to improve the scanning
process and the combo VueScan + PS is very good too .-

All the best
Carlos

--- Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

I have vuescan as well as the Nikon scan progs but
still get
disappointing results on fast MF film. I am sure if
it were crucial I
would be able to have a go at reducing it on an
existing shot. As far
as the future is concerned I shan't ever again shoot
fast film again.
cheers
Frank

On 16 Jul, 2007, at 15:27, Jim Brick wrote:

ViewScan has a pretty good grain
reducing/eliminating algorithm...

Jim

At 08:51 AM 7/16/2007 +0100, Frank Dernie wrote:
There is also the problem of what I am told is
"grain aliasing" at
certain scanning resolutions. I scan my
negs/slides with a Nikon
8000 scanner. All the 200+asa films I have
scanned look horribly
grainy.
I have not personally found a solution - I now
always use digital
in poor light.
Frank

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into
www.freelists.org

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!