[rollei_list] Re: Film advice needed!

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:37:07 -0400

That is my understanding, Carlos. Two different scanners under the
thumbs of two different operators can have very different results from
the same film relative to grain aliasing and the presentation of
grain. This is very much a hardware issue...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 7/16/07, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric, it's a more than interesting article, thank you,
and then it's a hardware set up issue, I use the
VueScan scanning software mentioned in the article, it
offers some ways to improve the scanning process (not
only the grain reduction)helping to avoid or to
diminish the "grain aliasing" for the faster films, a
problem due to the scanner set up and not to the film.

All the best