[rollei_list] Re: Fake Leica, Stupid seller

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:29:05 -0400

On Wednesday, April 6, 2005, at 01:20  PM, John Jensen wrote:

> Jerry, aside from the fact that they are fakes, are
> they any good (as cameras)?  Do you know?  Just
> curious.

I have a bunch of them.  They are FED or Zorki cameras with faked Leica
engraving.  They vary a lot in quality depending on the condition of
the camera before the fakers worked on it, and whether they did any
cleaning and lube work.  One that I got from russiansouvenirs.com  is
as smooth as the real thing and takes great pictures.  Another one was
put together so poorly that the whole lens mount fell off!  Basically,
it depends on who you buy from.

Bob