[rollei_list] FS: Nikon & Gitzo

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:43:54 -0500

Nikon FM2 body, used and looks it, but all functions are up to specs. Eyepiece ring in place. Black finish, showing some brass. Solid, reliable performer; $100.

Note on the FM2: that's the model with a 1/200 sec. top flash shutter speed, but my sample synchs just fine at 1/250. When I asked a Nikon guy how this can be he simply replied "Some do." Interesting story as to how this came to be will be tendered to whomever contacts me off list, if requested.

Nikkor 35 mm f2 AI, also well used but glass clear, focusing smoothly and stopping down smartly. Sharpness varied somewhat from one sample to another, this is a good one. In an informal comparison once with lenses owned by some friends, it outperformed (slightly) a 35 mm Summicron of 60s vintage. Includes lens hood and caps; $75.

Gitzo Explorer 2220 (aluminum) tripod, absolutely like new in box. This is a compact tripod that offers rapid set-up and flexibility for outdoor terrain. It was one of those things that seemed a good idea at the time but turned out not really a good fit for me. I used it once, but my other Gitzos (I'll have no other) suit me better. If not familiar with this equipment, do a web search to make sure it is what you need. In terms of materials and workmanship, there is nothing better. Includes small Gitzo pan head: $200 (B&H asks $250 for the legs alone.)

Delivery cost will be based on actual expense, reasonable trial period with money back guarantee. Photos of this equipment can be provided upon off list request.

Allen Zak