[rollei_list] Re: FOR SALE YASHICA-24 TLR

  • From: "RM WISER" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:18:44 -0500

You are right but this will take 120. See this site:
#http://www.mylinuxisp.com/~jdbaker/photography/Yashica24/#

Roger
          From: RM WISER <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [rollei_list] FOR SALE YASHICA-24 TLR
          To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Friday, July 16, 2010, 1:10 PM

          I have a  Yashica 24 that is in pristine condition. Its appearance is
mint and everything seems to function, as it should. The shutter speeds respond
fine to all the settings The self-timer works well. The PS-13 meter battery was
dead  and I slipped a hearing aid battery and the meter seems to give
reasonable readings under various light conditions and cameras settings.

          The glass in the lens and the viewfinder is in great condition.
Inside there is a name plate indicating “USE 220 FILM ONLY” The film counter
which seems to be work fine numbers up to “24”.

          This description below in eBay quite well  fits this camera and can
be found at: Item #150448183677.

          “Made between 1966-1968 the Yashica 24 model was designed to take the
new 220 film for 24 exposures 6x6cm.  Like the Yashica 12 this model is often
hard to find, and thus examples in fine condition will always command top
prices and hold their value well; a good investment.

          The CdS meter is activated by a red button on the left under the
focusing knob. The meter is working just fine but any self-respecting pro would
be using an external meter.

          It has the superior Yashinon f/3.5 80mm taking lens and the brighter
f/2.8 viewing lens (some have the duller f/3.2 viewing lens) with a Copal SV
1-500 shutter with B.

          The Yashica-24 was replaced by the Yashica-Mat 124 in 1968. It is not
a common model and examples in good condition are hard to find.

          A particularly fine example, it shows only light signs of use.  I'd
say it is 9+/10 and I know just about every other seller would be describing it
as mint. Great for a collection or ready for everyday use.”

          In summary, The pictures in the eBay listing accurately reflect the
appearance of the camera. However I will be taking  my own pictures. This sale
is for the camera only. I do not have the strap, lens cap or case. I personally
feel the fellow who owned (a farmer) did not know how to use it.

          $75. plus shipping estimated at $10. Pay Pal, money order or check
acceptable.

          Contact me off list at rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx

          (262) 473-1270