[rollei_list] Re: Extra characters in the Posted messages

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:10:24 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Merrill Morrow" <merrillmorrow@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:01 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Extra characters in the Posted
messages

> Peter
>
> On my screen the =20 characters appear only in the message
> preceding
> your actual post - in other words in the post you are
> 'quoting'.
> Exactly the same thing happens in Marc's post. When both
> of you make an
> original post there are no 'extra characters'. They only
> appear when
> you 'quote'.
>
> Merrill
>
> On 31 Mar 2005, at 17:50, Peter K. wrote:
>
>> I am trying to figure that one out too. Does everyone see
>> these
>> characters in my original post? Please reply. Perhaps it
>> is something
>> at my end.

  I think these may be literal translations of "quoted
printable" characters. Quoted printable is a way of encoding
characters not in the normal range of 7 bit text characters.
  I've tried to find a setting on the list machine to
eliminate these but nothing I tried works so I returned it
to the default settings.
  Check your mail client program for its settings. Some have
a setting for quoted printable. It probably should be set to
eliminate these.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA