[rollei_list] Re: Expired FIlm / 5.6/500 HFT or not?

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:25:55 -0500

Carlos et al.

I just received a whole bunch of 35mm and 120 Fuji Velvia that expired in 2004.
It was supposedly kept in the fridge most of the time, but I am not sure if
it's worth the bother given that Dwayne's in Kansas charges about $12 for
processing a roll these days (very fast & professional service though!).

My 2nd question concerns the quality of the 5.6/500 mm lens for the SL66.  I
have been looking for one for a whiole and may purchase the HFTversion next
week.   How much difference in quality is there between the non-HFT and HFT
version?  Does a high quality (95mm!) multicoated B&W UV filter added to the
non-HFT front element make up for the difference?

Jan