[rollei_list] Exhibitions in Paris, June 2017
- From: Emmanuel BIGLER <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
- To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 21:49:17 +0200
From Jan Decher:
... Will see how many I can actually visit in the next two days
(there are also 2 photograph museums!), but most important is
probably to take the RF out and shoot ;-)
Balmy warm weather here in Rue Daguerre(!), Montparnasse.
At Pompidou Museum of Modern Arts, alias "Beaubourg" alias "the oil
refinery" there is a nice exhibition: "Walker Evans". I'm supposed to
be in Paris next week-end (too bad, we could have met there ..) and
Walker Evans is on my 'to-see' list.
Actually there are so many things to see in Paris ...
It happens that by coincidence, we have an informal MF-LF meeting in
Paris next week-end, with many rolleiphiles included in the gang!
and here is a short list of things to see suggested by the local
organiser of the meeting
- Walker Evans photography at Beaubourg;
- paintings: Cézanne, portraits, at Orsay museum;
- Ed van der Elsken (???), at Jeu de Paume museum;
- "auto-photo", photography, at Fondation Cartier;
- JF Spricigo (photography) at Camera Obscura
Usually everybody takes the metro to travel through Paris, but buses
offer the advantage to see the city, and distances are not so great,
you can walk and discover by yourself. The density of metro stations
and bus stations is very high in Paris, maximum walking distance to te
next metro station is something like 10 minutes.
Enjoy your stay !
- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org
- Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org
- Online, searchable archives are available at
Other related posts:
- » [rollei_list] Exhibitions in Paris, June 2017 - Emmanuel BIGLER