[rollei_list] Exhibitions in Paris, June 2017

  • From: Emmanuel BIGLER <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 21:49:17 +0200

From Jan Decher:

... Will see how many I can actually visit in the next two days (there are also 2 photograph museums!), but most important is probably to take the RF out and shoot ;-)

Balmy warm weather here in Rue Daguerre(!), Montparnasse.
A bientot,
Jan

Hi Jan

At Pompidou Museum of Modern Arts, alias "Beaubourg" alias "the oil refinery" there is a nice exhibition: "Walker Evans". I'm supposed to be in Paris next week-end (too bad, we could have met there ..) and Walker Evans is on my 'to-see' list.

Actually there are so many things to see in Paris ...

It happens that by coincidence, we have an informal MF-LF meeting in Paris next week-end, with many rolleiphiles included in the gang!
http://www.galerie-photo.info/forumgp/read.php?5,135228,137377#msg-137377
and here is a short list of things to see suggested by the local organiser of the meeting

- Walker Evans photography at Beaubourg;
- paintings: Cézanne, portraits, at Orsay museum;
- Ed van der Elsken (???), at Jeu de Paume museum;
- "auto-photo", photography, at Fondation Cartier;
-  JF Spricigo (photography)  at Camera Obscura

Usually everybody takes the metro to travel through Paris, but buses offer the advantage to see the city, and distances are not so great, you can walk and discover by yourself. The density of metro stations and bus stations is very high in Paris, maximum walking distance to te next metro station is something like 10 minutes.

Enjoy your stay !

--
Emmanuel

---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at