[rollei_list] Re: Exa Camera For Sale

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:27:57 -0500

There were many versions of the Exa. THIS IS AM Exa II that has a vertical fp shutter! You are referring to the Original Exa (Exa 0 & Exa I) that uses the viewfinder as stated in site

xxxhttp://www.wrotniak.net/photo/exakta/exa-serial.htmlxxx
"Two concurrent Exa lines
Over a number of years there were two Exa camera lines, being manufactured concurrently:

The original Exa (often referred to as Exa 0), continued as Exa I: this line was undergoing a normal evolution, being manufactured between 1952 and 1970. Their viewfinders were interchangeable with Exakta. The mirror was used as a part of the shutter, and speeds were limited to 1/150s.

Exa II/Exa 500: a new body with non-interchangeable prism finder and a regular, vertical focal-plane shutter. These cameras were made from 1959 ...."
This Exa II shutter has the slow speeds as well as going  OVER 1/150 !

Roger