[rollei_list] Re: Epson drivers - Snow Leopard Adventures - Mac OS 10.6

  • From: Ferdi Stutterheim <fstutterheim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:49:25 +0200

Hi,

Was there an overwhelming reason to upgrade to Snow Leopard? I prefer to keep the O.S. contemporary with the hard-ware I use to prevent this kind of challenges. When everything is running the way I want, I stick to that version of the O.S. and live happily ever after for the time being.

Ferdi,
Power PC Mac, O.S.10.4.11, Epson 2100(2200) printer, Nikon 5000 scanner, etc.

Op 30 aug 2009, om 00:51 heeft Robert Lilley het volgende geschreven:

Just wanted to pass this on in the event folks have the same problem. I installed Snow Leopard OS 10.6 today and found my Epson Stylus R2400 printer wouldn't work. One has to install "Rosetta" from the Snow Leopard optional software and then download a new driver from the Epson 'drivers and support' web site. All is fine so far. However, I have been using a firewire cable to connect this printer. Under the new OS & driver one cannot use firewire. It has to be a USB printer cable. I think it has something to do with 'Xcode' which Epson is using to mount their drivers under OS 10.6. I know I had a simpler situation with Gimp which also uses Xcode. It seems the Xcode end doesn't support firewire. If I hadn't had that experience I would still be scratching my head as the firewire/ usb situation is not discussed anywhere. This to me is a big bummer because firewire is a bit faster and I don't have an extra USB port to hook up the printer. I have written Epson about this - we will see. At least it is working ok - so far.

Rob