[rollei_list] Re: Epson drivers - Snow Leopard Adventures - Mac OS 10.6

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 08:17:56 -0400

Okay. You enjoy the challenges presented. While new product interests you, I find it a nuisance. Upgrading the operating software always involves trouble and I dread that. It always seems like "make work" to me. I'm glad you enjoy it. It's a more adaptive attitude than mine.

Best--Doug

On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:24 PM, Robert Lilley wrote:

Yeppers, Doug, I know this, but  the devil made me do it.

Rob
On Aug 29, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Douglas Nygren wrote:

Problems with first issue software is always a problem. It's best to wait for later editions. You must know that.

New issue of B&W's color edition arrived today. Digital prints seemed phony by and large.. Colors and drama seem goosed, that is, exaggerated. In a word, Kitsch.

Doug

On Aug 29, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Robert Lilley wrote:

Just wanted to pass this on in the event folks have the same problem. I installed Snow Leopard OS 10.6 today and found my Epson Stylus R2400 printer wouldn't work. One has to install "Rosetta" from the Snow Leopard optional software and then download a new driver from the Epson 'drivers and support' web site. All is fine so far. However, I have been using a firewire cable to connect this printer. Under the new OS & driver one cannot use firewire. It has to be a USB printer cable. I think it has something to do with 'Xcode' which Epson is using to mount their drivers under OS 10.6. I know I had a simpler situation with Gimp which also uses Xcode. It seems the Xcode end doesn't support firewire. If I hadn't had that experience I would still be scratching my head as the firewire/usb situation is not discussed anywhere. This to me is a big bummer because firewire is a bit faster and I don't have an extra USB port to hook up the printer. I have written Epson about this - we will see. At least it is working ok - so far.

Rob

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org