[rollei_list] Re: Enlarger versus printer?

  • From: Jeff Kelley <jlkphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:47:29 -0700

As Carlos suggests there may be a way to use B&H if you have a friend in
NYC....

The shipping of hazardous materials is an issue nationwide, perhaps
worldwide, although some places seem to be willing to ship so long as it's
done UPS ground or FEDEX ground.  Freestyle Photo in Southern California
ships a lot of chemistry that way.

Of course, that means those outside the US can't get most chemistry from
the US suppliers.

I used to process Cibachrome with their daylight tubes and chemistry kits
back in the mid-70s.  I just rolled the tube around on my kitchen counter.
 It was easy and worked fine.  They used to have a tablet you'd drop into
used chemistry which neutralized it so it could be dumped down the drain.
 I have no idea about the current Ilfochrome kits.

Alan, where do you get your Ilfochrome chemistry in the San Francisco area?

Jeff