[rollei_list] Re: Electronic Film

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:07:15 -0700

Because it is a business and you would not make as much money as you would
creating your own camera and sell lenses, and other items with it. This is
why Silicon Film went out of business. Its cheaper to buy a point and shoot
digital camera that has auto everything then to create something to work
with film cameras and other antiques. Only those on lists like this really
use film cameras and would want Silicon Film. Hence it is not worth doing.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Dirk-Roger Schmitt <
Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why does nobody takes again the idea of the electronic film?
>
> http://www.techstoryteller.com/SiliconFilmOverview.pdf
>
> With technologies of today, one could produce a full frame sensor, make the
> distance between film-roll and window flexible and here you are: You would
> have a nice piece to fit to your SLR.
>
> For us, it might not fit for the R35 or the SL2000, but pretty well for the
> SL35E, in order we can continue to use our nice lenses further.
>
> Why damn, nobody takes this idea.
>
> Also a Rollei 35, only with digital sensor, keep everything as it is, no
> more electronics, could be nice.
>
> Minox was doing simliar with the DSC (where, however, I doubt that this
> item is still made in Germany by them, I more consider this made in Japan or
> China, however, it is a promising idea)
>
> Regards
>

> Dirk

> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the