[rollei_list] Re: Earlier 2.8F Xenotar

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:31:09 +0100

Hi Xuan,

The camera looks quite well used but then it is quite old. The point that I
noticed from the photographs is that the lens board name plate (around the
taking lens) looks as if someone has tried to lift it off. This may have been
done by an unqualified repairer (or DIY) trying to gain access to the
lens/shutter. This plate is decorative and does nothing, so there is no reason
to remove it. I would want to know more in case that repairer went further into
the camera. If the plate fell off, because the adhesive failed, it would not
have damaged edges.

Why is the Mamyia Sekor lens included in the photograph? This will only fit the
Mamyia twin lens cameras and is of no relevence to a Rolleiflex.

Regards

John