[rollei_list] Re: Double Rolleiflex stereo camera

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:55:23 +0100

Maurice,

Very interesting...

Prochnow’s RR1 shows a photo of a prototype Kineidoscope PR 037 on page 5-138
with the mention of 1939 – I cannot read the accompanying German text – The
camera has no taking lenses and when compared to yours, has a different front
piece with what looks like a flash sync socket and a self timer lever. The
casting engraved fonts are different to yours also and it has a painted finish.
Your one looks like a production ready model – having the leather covering –
but with out the additional frontal features. RR1 shows other 35mm stereo
cameras, with the mention of 1951, having a prism and selenium meter.

I expect that Carlos will be able to offer further information with regard to
the German text.

As a matter of interest  and with reference to to Peter’s question about a
‘jail break,’ where and when did you source this camera – if not an
inappropriate question? There has been mention – I think on these pages
recently - about selling off some of the items in the factory museum when F&H
Fototechnic went into receivership.

John

On 03/10/2012 23:48, "Maurice M. Greeson" <maurice@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm,  to bad he is not looking for the 35mm stereo F&H like mine:
http://tinyurl.com/9bg2o6y
I don't think F&H ever made an underwater housing for it.
Maurice

On Oct 3, 2012, at 2:59 AM, John Wild wrote:

Does anyone know of a Doppel-Rolleiflex stereo camera? A friend is looking
for one of these rare cameras...

Basically it was two Rolleiflex 3.5A (K4A), 'cut and shut' side by side with
a common viewfinder and viewfinder lens. It was made to accompany the double
ROLLEImarin housing for stereo underwater cameras circa 1954. See Rollei
Report 1, page 5-142

John

<//www.freelists.org>

<//www.freelists.org>