[rollei_list] Re: Doityourself CLA?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:43:20 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Dilcher" <dilcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:20 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Doityourself CLA?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:53:26AM -0700, John Jensen wrote:
I had already forgotten about Ed Romney until someone
brought him up.

JJ

Sorry, I'm the one who first mentioned him, but didn't know
that the name might start a flame war! :)

Also, I found these on Craig Camera:

#90043. ROLLEIFLEX TLR CAMERAS, c. 1974 450pp, fully illustrated. A magnificent sourcebook. Reprint of the original
factory service manual. Covers the Rolleiflex f/3.5 and f/2.8 cameras up to that date, as well as Rolleicords,
RolleiMagic, Tele-Rollei and Rollei-Wide, along with hoods, backs, etc. Includes all variations on cameras. Superb
reference for anyone interested in Rollei. Full exploded views and service information. $50.00

#90167. ROLLEI SL-66 CAMERA, 1974 52pp, fully illustrated. Reprint of the original factory repair manual. Full
exploded views and service instructions. Very weak on dis-assembly and re-assembly, but most Rollei books are.
Exploded views serve as a guide. $15.00

Anyone have either of these two?

I have the TLR book. One problem is that parts are identified as Rollei part numbers rather than by function. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to work on Rollei TLR's or simply wants to know in detail what is in them.
I think John also has the National Camera series which gives step by step instructions for many common repairs (http://www.craigcamera.com) Petra Keller (http://www.camerabooks.com) also has some of the same stuff. Both have most of their stock listed in the on-line catalogue but John especially sometimes has books he hasn't had time to list so its worth calling him. I've done business with both of these people, they are honest and reliable and good sources for material not readily available elsewhere.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx