[rollei_list] Re: Does a Rolleiwide need a lens shade?

  • From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:23:34 -0400

Thanks John

Aftermarket bay IV hoods are available and look pretty nice.

Does anyone here have experience with them?

I was more asking regarding the tendency of the 55mm lens to flare. And it will have coatings that aren't modern.

Common sense would suggest a hood is a good idea, but I wanted to know if it is mandatory for the 55mm lens. Already there is one email that says "yes".

Thanks all so far for your comments

regards
Vick

On 10/29/2012 5:25 AM, John Wild wrote:
Vick,

Original lens shades are very rare - in good condition, almost not
available. Rollei make one for the 4.0FW but it is expensive (probably less
than an original one though but case is black not brown). I have one for my
original Wide.

John