[rollei_list] Re: Do you know?

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:58:39 -0500

Carlos,
It is always good to read about another enthusiast's findings. Your comments on the Contax II make me want to try one.
Doug

On Jan 7, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

--- El mié 7-ene-09, dnygr <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Don,
If you like Rolleis you'll like a Leica. The optics are
wonderful, the feel is great, and the results even better.
Doug

Perhaps that is true for most cases, however it is not my case. I'm a Rolleiflex fan and prefer other 35mm cameras, in fact I prefer the Rolleikin except when I really need wide angle or tele lenses, I have excellent Pentax SMC lenses and Carl Zeiss/Rollei/Mamiya T* HFT MC lenses for the Rolleiflex SL35 M.Some Leica lenses could be better slightly, but the difference, if it exists, does not justify the enormous prices difference. I'm not writing Leicas are not great cameras, they are great cameras, but I'm not interested about Leicas. I'm impressed for the Contax II range finder, it is clean and adjusted now, the precision you obtain for focusing is excellent even under low light; focusing a face, you can focus on the nose or on the eyes (I only started to try the range fincer).The wide glass block range finder base and the two mirrors and two wedges seem to work very fine. I heard most Leicas range finders are not so good in comparison with the Contax range finder.

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/