[rollei_list] Re: Do you know?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:38:30 -0500

At 09:08 PM 1/7/2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>    I can't comment on the M series Leicas but the long base
>on the Contax rangefinder is somewhat misleading, the Leica
>screw mount camera has a small telescope (I think 1.5X)
>built into its rangefinder which, in effect, duplicates the
>wide base Contax.

Not quite true, Richard. The effective focal base for the rangefinder on the Contax II and III was 69.75mm, that on the Leica III to IIIg 57mm. The real winner is the Kodak Ektra, with an EBL of 231mm. The M3 did surpass the Contax IIa and IIIa in its base line.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!