[rollei_list] Re: Do you know?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:04:09 -0800 (PST)

I can't see any "telescope" in the Leica SM telemeter design Richard, it has a
38mm base and the Contax 90mm base. The Contax telemeter is more rigid than the
Leica one due to the two wedges and then it requires adjustment very rarely,
the Contax telemeter has two colors for the images, a reddish one for the main
image and a greenish one for the secondary image, when both images coincide,
colors become identical and almost natural and stronger, very easy to focus.BTW
you are seeing your subject to take the photograph all the time, you don't need
to change windows.

Rolleiflex shutters (and Contax shutters)don't have problems with the sun, and
BTW the Rollei TLR 3.5 shutter is more silent than the Leica and Contax
shutters, there is a test in the web, the Compur 3.5 Rolleiflex shutter is the
more silent mechanical shutter.-