[rollei_list] Re: Do you know?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:01:24 -0500

At 03:53 PM 1/8/2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>    The Kodak Ektra was an _almost_ excellent design. The
>rangefinder/viewfinder is excellent but the camera has other
>problems. It was also introduced at a bad time. Its too bad
>Kodak didn't pursue the Ektra with an improved version after
>WW-2. I suspect this was a marketing decision since they
>were making other 35mm cameras including the Retina.

Effectively, the Ektra I was only produced for fifteen months or so prior to Pearl Harbor. Design work continued for a Postwar Ektra II but, as I recall, only two of these were built and series production was not resumed.

An interesting camera.

I have a chart of various RF cameras with the actual RF baseline and the amount of magnification or minification afforded by the VF. When I remember, I'll dig it out and e-mail you a copy in PDF.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!