[rollei_list] Do you know?

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:04:30 -0600

I've been watching the press coverage in Washington this week and most all of the photographers use what looks like a 35mm SLR on Steroids.

Any idea what those camera are?

On another subject I have been following the Leica repair discussions. I never had a longing for a Leica, but in looking at the discussions I can see the attraction for them. Maybe I can join the club- My wife's Panasonic Digital has a Leica lens. No red dot but the script L is there. My Contax RTS is beautiful and well designed- they just didn't make enough of them to create the same following as Leica. As a result getting good repairs is a problem.

Finally, I just broke out my Olympus E-Volt 500 and started using it. Excellent camera and excellent lens designs. The four-thirds system is a very solid concept, and with the lenses which provide normal incidence rays all over the sensor, (Kodak). Look up Telecrntric.

DAW