[rollei_list] Digital and Slide Projection

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:18:03 -0500

At 03:09 PM 1/16/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:

>In the case of MF, it depends what you mean by "bests." Brightness,
>contrast, reliability, flexibility, ease and production choices...all
>a big yes in the digital column. Brightness in projection is one of
>the most important factors in perceived enjoyment, and digital
>especially has it all over analog here. Resolution, a big no. But
>resolution is typically not a great issue with projection, because as
>I said earlier, few observers will be seated ortho or better...

We will just have to agree to disagree on this. I have never seen any digital system which came anywhere close to slides in terms of brightness, contrast, flexibility, and so forth, though I will concede that digital is more convenient. And you are the first person on the 'Net who has suggested anything to the contrary.

You say tomato, and I say tomahto.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!