[rollei_list] Re: Digital Wins

  • From: Richard Urmonas <rurmonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:12:41 +091800

Quoting Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> At 09:42 PM 4/13/05 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >You're kidding, right?  You'd barely be able to print a 4x6 from an
> >"inexpensive P&S digital camera" without having "noticeable problems with
> >quality".  Unless your standards are very very low.
>

> Austin
>
> Go sit on it.  You are wrong, oh, so wrong.  I have before me a Rollei
> d41com which is perfectly capable of cranking out decent 8" by 10" prints.
> On most occasions, I can crop this down by a half without an apparent
> compromise in quality.  My wife owns some similar Sony which gives her the
> same service.

Sorry Mark, but I agree with Austin.  Digital cameras at this stage have very
limited detail.  We have hashed this topic around several times, so there is
no point in repeating the same arguments.  Just last week I showed some of my
scanned and digitally printed Rollei pics, most of the other people had digital
shots
(some from very expensive digital cameras).  The judge immediately commented
on mine, noting that they must have come from MF as only MF can deliver that
detail and tonality.  If you cannot see the deficiencies then fine, I am not
going to
argue that you are wrong.  We all see things in different ways.  However just
because
you don't see the lack of detail, don't claim that others are wrong.

Richard
--
Richard Urmonas