[rollei_list] Re: Digital TLR

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:17:17 +0100

Dirk,

I did email Dietmar Kanzer a year or so ago because someone asked me the
same question. He said that they were busy with the Hy6 and preparing for
Photokina at that time but that idea was 'in the pile' of things to
investigate. He said that maybe in about 6 months.......

Sadly events have overtaken the plans. :-((

It should not be that difficult. Possibly, canibalise an old TLR and an old
digi-compact and add some 'sticky stuff' and see if it works..... put the
screen in the viewfinder and the sensor in the film gate.

A plate film back could be a starting point too without causing any damage
to a decent camera. Focal length would be a bit telephoto for a small sensor
but the challenge would prove if it was feasable.

Regards

John